Wednesday, November 5, 2008

This is the story of a girl.

A boy and a girl sat beneath a tree, holding hands. He looked at her and watched her smile. His eyes were bold. They searched for something more than shady trees and green grass, something more than hand-holding and sweet smiles. He wanted her promise to him, in hopes someday she could give him her heart, in hopes she would someday realize and appreciate that his heart already belonged to her. But the girl was happy. His hand was enough for her. And time was all she needed.

So hush now, boy. It’s just you and me and time. Hold my hand, and forget the rules.
If we care enough, we won’t need titles. I can be yours, and you mine.

The girl was scared. She pushed him away. The boy was desperate. Was he losing her? Her heart screamed, please trust me, trust time. His heart pained, please just let me in, this can be something. He did not look at her now but she knew he was searching. She couldn’t explain any other way-- she grabbed his hand.

So hush now, boy. It’s just you and me and time. Hold my hand, and forget the rules.
Believe me when I say I care. I am yours, and you are mine.

The boy pulled closer, she pushed farther. She wanted him to be happy, but time was all she could give, and time was too long for him. He believed that she cared, but he needed more. He looked at her but she wasn’t smiling. His eyes were tired now, and hers pleaded for his understanding. But he couldn’t see it.

So hush now, boy. It’s just you and me and time’s run out. Hold my hand, one last time.
I never promised you my heart, how could I know for sure? But you never promised your patience either.


Happiness was all I ever wanted. How did we come to this?

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

woah intense.
I might have an idea what this is about but what is this?
love.

brittany said...

whoa.

meggs said...

you are unbelievable! i am so glad you are my friend!