Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Downtown. Crazy.

I like to explore when I'm bored. Sometimes the dorm seems like a prison, and I just need to get outside. So outside I go. Lately one of my favorite places to go is the courthouse. There's a pretty grassy area outside with trees and benches, and I enjoy sitting there to think and people-watch. It's very refreshing. I am also proud to say I have discovered 4 Starbucks within three blocks of my dorm. haha. And a frozen yogurt place. yay. :]


On a more solemn note, I saw this woman today. She was old and her skin was really tan and weathered-looking as if she had spent months, most likely years, in the sun. She was homeless. Her eyes were squinted, almost completely shut. We were walking towards each other, and as I was about to pass her on the sidewalk, she saw me and stopped. She looked to the ground and practically grunted as she told me to go ahead. That poor woman. What must she have been through, how must people have treated her for her to not even be able to look at me as I walked past? It made me a little sad. I wish people weren't cruel. I wish I could help people like that poor, old woman. I hope that her family is out there somewhere, thinking about her and caring about her, even if she doesn't know it.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

you are cool and I miss you.
:]

Alyssa said...

someone hasn't blogged in five weeks.
intense.
I like reading what you write for the record.